Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Login failed for user . The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

I have a windows 2003 server hosting MS SQL Server 2005. Another windows 2003 server hosting my App, and clients from the local intranet and outside (web). How do I surpass this problem, when it all works fine locally on my development machine?

Use Forms authentication!

Al

|||

I am using Forms authentication.

<

connectionStrings>

<

addname="memSocConnection"connectionString=" Data Source=WSPASQL01; Initial Catalog=mem_soc;Integrated Security=True"providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<

addname="MySqlRoleManagerConnection"connectionString="Data Source=WSPASQL01;Initial Catalog=mem_soc_core;Integrated Security=True"providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<

addname="MySqlMembershipProviderConnection"connectionString="Data Source=WSPASQL01;Initial Catalog=mem_soc_core;Integrated Security=True"providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</

connectionStrings>

<authentication mode="Forms"><formsname="SqlAuthCookie" loginUrl="admin/login.aspx" timeout="10" /> </authentication>

This works fine locally. I am trying to migrate the application onto the servers. As soon as I use the WSPASQL01 server it fails. I have followed the walkthrough from microsoft on using forms authentication and still no progress. I have assigned roles to the login 'aspnet'.

No comments:

Post a Comment