Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Login failed for user ASPNET

Hello,
I am getting following error when I tried to connect to the database.

Login failed for user 'SHALINI\ASPNET'

I am new to this and don't know how to fix it. I am runningSQL Server Desktop engine 2000. I could connect through Server Explorer window, but not through ADO.NET
Here's my connection string:

sConnectionString = "Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=MyStore;Data Source=SHALINI;Workstation ID=SHALINI"

I have IIS and SQL Server running on the same machine.
Please please help me.
Thanks in Advance

If you are just developing on your local machine, be sure the database has the proper permissions.
Also, you may want to try this conn string...

sql = "Initial Catalog=MyStore;Data Source=localhost;Integrated Security=SSPI;"
But once the database is moved to a production server, you would want to change the string to something like...

sql = "Server=isp.com;Database=MyStore;UID=****;PWD=****;"
But this sounds like a permission problem, one in sql server db and in the folder.
You may also want to check the permissions on you folder where you are developing the app, the one in wwwroot.

Hope this helps,
Zath

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment