Monday, March 26, 2012

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trus

I am new to SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 and have created a new very
simple report. When I run the report directly on the report server it works
fine. If I try and run the report from my laptop I get the error
Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
Server connection.
I have set up the data source to use a trusted connection and my id has full
rights on the the database where the data resides. The Report server is
hosted on a SQL Server 2005 database and the data in the report is on a SQL
2000 named instance.
I am probably missing something in the setup, but don't know what. Any help
from anyone would be appreciated.does your SQL Server is on another server than the RS server himself?
(have you 2 servers: 1 with RS + IIS and the second with SQL Server himself)
If yes, then you suffer a Kerberos issue.
you have to setup Kerberos to allow your IIS Server to delegate the user.
Read this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215383/en-us
"gert" <gert@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E981B1AB-6D2A-4751-8C0D-140B033CA1FA@.microsoft.com...
>I am new to SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 and have created a new very
> simple report. When I run the report directly on the report server it
> works
> fine. If I try and run the report from my laptop I get the error
> Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
> Server connection.
> I have set up the data source to use a trusted connection and my id has
> full
> rights on the the database where the data resides. The Report server is
> hosted on a SQL Server 2005 database and the data in the report is on a
> SQL
> 2000 named instance.
> I am probably missing something in the setup, but don't know what. Any
> help
> from anyone would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment