Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Login failed for user machinename/ASPNET

Hi all,

I am new to ASP .NET and now I have been messing two days with the connection thing. I use the Visual Studio 2003 provided drag and drop SqlDataAdapter and SqlConnection to connect to the SQL 2000 server, developer edition (configured with the Windows authentication mode), but whenever I tried I always got a "Login failed for user mymachine/ASPNET" error. Can anyone help me with this? I have also tried, as somebody did, adding one line "<identity imperonate="true"/> to the Web.config file, but had the same kind of error. Do I have do make some change to my SQL server?

Thanks a lot!

Charlize

Yes, to resolve the issue completely, you really need to add the ASPNET account to your SQL login and give proper permissions to it. There are lots of similar posts, for example you can take a look at this post:

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1301014.aspx

|||

Hi Jay,

Thanks very much for the direction and it was very helpful, now I got it made!

No comments:

Post a Comment