Friday, March 30, 2012

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

Users in remote building (On the same VLAN? Not sure of network specifics)
can connect to the sql server in the remote building with no issues. In my
building (HQ), we were able to connect to it until this morning. Last night
the domain controller in the remote building was upgraded to Windows 2003. I
know of no other changes to this environment. I am able to use a remote
management tool (dameware) and log on locally to this sql server and then
connect. If I add a named pipes alias in my client network utility for this
server I can then connect remotely. I'm worried that the problem was caused
by the domain controller upgrade and there are several more of these
scheduled in other buildings. The one that we're having trouble with right
now is very insignificant. Should these results be repeated with subsequent
domain controller upgrades, our entire company could be affected. I can't
seem to get the right information to the domain controller folks to prove
that the cause of this issue was the upgrade nor am I really sure that this
IS the cause. The sql server is listening on port 1433 (tested using
telnet). I can ping it and access the host in every other way from here -
just can't use anything to connect to the sql server.
Thanks for your help!
Michelle
There was a kerberos service on the domain controller that was not started.
Starting this service resolved the issue. I believe that there is a KB
article on this but unfortunately, I was unable to locate it myself.
"michelle" <michelle@.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:eCqv6ohDFHA.628@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Users in remote building (On the same VLAN? Not sure of network specifics)
> can connect to the sql server in the remote building with no issues. In my
> building (HQ), we were able to connect to it until this morning. Last
night
> the domain controller in the remote building was upgraded to Windows 2003.
I
> know of no other changes to this environment. I am able to use a remote
> management tool (dameware) and log on locally to this sql server and then
> connect. If I add a named pipes alias in my client network utility for
this
> server I can then connect remotely. I'm worried that the problem was
caused
> by the domain controller upgrade and there are several more of these
> scheduled in other buildings. The one that we're having trouble with right
> now is very insignificant. Should these results be repeated with
subsequent
> domain controller upgrades, our entire company could be affected. I can't
> seem to get the right information to the domain controller folks to prove
> that the cause of this issue was the upgrade nor am I really sure that
this
> IS the cause. The sql server is listening on port 1433 (tested using
> telnet). I can ping it and access the host in every other way from here -
> just can't use anything to connect to the sql server.
> Thanks for your help!
> Michelle
>

No comments:

Post a Comment