Friday, March 30, 2012

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'

Hello,
First let me describe the situation.
I have win2003 server (name: SRV) where I have SQL 2000 Reporting Services
installed, win2003 server with SQL2000 server (name: DBSRV) where I have a
database and a workstation where I create reports in Visual Studio.
When I am creating reports, everything is OK - I can connect to database,
get the data etc.
When I publish the report to http://SRV/ReportServer and try to access it
from with web browser from my workstation, it throws this message:
An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Cannot create a connection to data source 'Database'.
(rsErrorOpeningConnection)
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
Of course that user doesn't have access to database.
But how to tell Repoting Services to get MY user name I am using to log on
to windows?
Thanks,
Armands BrantsThe funiest thing is that I can open the report from my workstation if I do
that way:
* open the report from server http://localhost...
* write the same address (http://localhost...) in my workstation's internet
explorer - page can not be displayed, of course
* replace localhost with srv and everything works fine!
Can't understand why...
Armands
"Armands Brants" <armands.brants@.navigator.lv> wrote in message
news:uRNDlSmxEHA.1204@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> First let me describe the situation.
> I have win2003 server (name: SRV) where I have SQL 2000 Reporting Services
> installed, win2003 server with SQL2000 server (name: DBSRV) where I have a
> database and a workstation where I create reports in Visual Studio.
> When I am creating reports, everything is OK - I can connect to database,
> get the data etc.
> When I publish the report to http://SRV/ReportServer and try to access it
> from with web browser from my workstation, it throws this message:
> An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
> Cannot create a connection to data source 'Database'.
> (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
> Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
> Of course that user doesn't have access to database.
> But how to tell Repoting Services to get MY user name I am using to log on
> to windows?
> Thanks,
> Armands Brants
>|||If you are trying to authenticate in a scenerio which involves more than two
endpoints eg: client connects to remote RS web service which connects to a
remote database (3 endpoints) NTLM authentication will not work, you will
have to use delegation using kerberos authentication which supports more than
one network hop. Look here for help about setting up a asp.net app for
delegation.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810572
To test that this is your problem first access the report from the reporting
services console, this seems to cache your credential locally, now try from
your remote client try the same report, it should work until you log off the
rs server.
HTH,
Dan
"Armands Brants" wrote:
> The funiest thing is that I can open the report from my workstation if I do
> that way:
> * open the report from server http://localhost...
> * write the same address (http://localhost...) in my workstation's internet
> explorer - page can not be displayed, of course
> * replace localhost with srv and everything works fine!
> Can't understand why...
> Armands
> "Armands Brants" <armands.brants@.navigator.lv> wrote in message
> news:uRNDlSmxEHA.1204@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Hello,
> >
> > First let me describe the situation.
> >
> > I have win2003 server (name: SRV) where I have SQL 2000 Reporting Services
> > installed, win2003 server with SQL2000 server (name: DBSRV) where I have a
> > database and a workstation where I create reports in Visual Studio.
> >
> > When I am creating reports, everything is OK - I can connect to database,
> > get the data etc.
> >
> > When I publish the report to http://SRV/ReportServer and try to access it
> > from with web browser from my workstation, it throws this message:
> >
> > An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
> > Cannot create a connection to data source 'Database'.
> > (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
> > Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
> >
> > Of course that user doesn't have access to database.
> > But how to tell Repoting Services to get MY user name I am using to log on
> > to windows?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Armands Brants
> >
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment