Friday, March 30, 2012

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.

Hi ,
I am using IIS 6.0 and have an ASP.NET where get the following error when
trying to connect from a .NET assembly.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.
So I read some info from other forums and understand that I must add
the 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' as a user on my SQL Server 2005 database.
My problem is when I try to add this user by browsing for "Objects" in
Windows Server 2003, I don see this object. What am I missing?
Any ideas?By the way, my connection string is
"data source=NDS2214;Initial Catalog=UATP;Integrated Security=true"
"Opa" wrote:

> Hi ,
> I am using IIS 6.0 and have an ASP.NET where get the following error when
> trying to connect from a .NET assembly.
> Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.
> So I read some info from other forums and understand that I must add
> the 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' as a user on my SQL Server 2005 databas
e.
> My problem is when I try to add this user by browsing for "Objects" in
> Windows Server 2003, I don see this object. What am I missing?
> Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment