Friday, February 24, 2012

Logic/Toggle Question

I am trying to do the following (without using a parameter box to drive the results)

I would like to be able to toggle the results instead of using a parameter.

The default view for the table data is any row that meets a threshold criteria (similar to a KPI)

I would then like for all of the data to be exposed when toggled which eliminates using IIF (unless I am missing something).

I would think that if I could reference the toggleState of a textbox I could do this (similar to a yes/no Show All parameter), but I found little to nothing on how to do this within Reporting Services.

I guess I could also use two datasets to achieve this, but I would prefer a more elegant result.

Are you looking for a kind of drill down?

If yes then a visibility condition can be written on the basis of threshhold criteria for the complete row of table and toggle item can be chosen (just below the hidden property).

So on the click of that texbox user would be able to toggle rows which are not crossing threshholds.

Hope this helps!

Priyank

|||

If I understand you correctly, not quite.

I would like the toggle button to show either the rows that meet the criteria or all rows.

Imagine you have 5 rows of data

1997 10

1998 12

1999 11

2000 9

2001 4

The threshold is < 8

The default view would be

2001 4

If you then hit the toggle button, I would like all records to be shown including the record meeting the threshold.

As I noted, I could achieve this with a parameter value or most likely through two datasets (overthreshold and underthreshold), but I was curious if you code obtain the toggle state of a textbox in embedded code. The ToggleState could act as an all or only threshold selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment