Monday, February 20, 2012

Logging of SSIS package doesnt work when executed as a job

I am having the same problems as those in another post. SSIS package works fine when executed in BIDS and through execute package utility but it doesnt work when executed as a step in a job.

The other problem is that the logging also doesnt work when i try executing it as a job. So I have no clue about what to do without knowing what error it is. When I run the job it simply says the step has failed.

I have tried most of the solutions posted in other websites most of them to do with using proxies with credentials but havent hit a solution. I would love to get any input on what to do.

Thanks

Look at my post

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=328057&SiteID=1

I have the same problem, but have also do some research and as I think the problem lays in something more complicated than running SSIS package as a job - it is only a symptom.

I have also found some roundtrip (not the best...) but it works on my development machine.

If you will have some new thoughts how to solve it please write!

Przemo

|||

Have Sql Agent run a command processor batch job that calls DtExec. If your package runs fine in DtExec it seems it would run fine when DtExec is called from a batch file?

Ken

|||

Look again at my post. There is a solution for the problem which helped me.

Now I use "Windows Integrated Security" in my sql connection string, so there is no problem with encrypting passwords. When I use SQL Login it must be used together with password encrypting SSIS, so I can provide the password at command line in SQL Job.

Przemo

|||

Hi,

Thanks for the reply , I have tried all what you replied it still dint work.

I am running a 32 bit SQl on a 64 bit machine and also have imports from an Excel source, if that can make things different. I know that there can be two problems why it doesnt work.

1) I developed the package in BIDS with my login and I am trying to deploy it in SQl server. The sql server agent is using proxies of my credentials to run. Is ther a different way it should be done?

2) Since i am running on a 64 bit machine, I set Run64BitRuntime to false, thinking that the providers (especially jet is 32 bit). I dont have program files(x86) on my computer. Should that be on the Sql server? If that is the case please let me know how to point to a different dtexec(32 bit).

Please let me know the exact settings that I need to do. One last question will the problem vanish if I use a 64 bit SQl server?

Thanks

|||I finally figured it out. It was a combination of the above two plus some authentication problems. The logging problem was due to pointing at a file outside of sql server.

No comments:

Post a Comment