Monday, February 20, 2012

Logging SQL Queries

Hi,

I′m currently playing around with ASP.NET.

Is there a way to log all Queries that are send to the SQL-Server? Something like the query.log of a Mysql.


You can write your own logging system (I have done that when working with dynamic TSQL), however you can just run a SQL Trace from within SQL Server.

|||

Thanks for your reply.
An own logging system won′t help if I use, for example, a sql datasource for a gridview. It would bypass the logging class.
I′ve searched the onlinehelp and it seems, that a SQL Trace is a bit overpowered for a simple querylog.

|||

>I′ve searched the onlinehelp and it seems, that a SQL Trace is a bit overpowered for a simple querylog.

You would need to tune one of the standard selection else otherwise the volume of log data would be overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment